Welcome to WS Hawrylak School Community Council
Our Hawrylak School Community Council (HSCC) meets approximately 6 times a year to discuss upcoming events, fundraising, approve special funding, and receive school updates from the Principal. Please take a moment to read the attached minutes of our meetings to get a better idea of how the HSCC supports Ecole WS Hawrylak School.
SCCs are established to:
· Facilitate continuing communication and promote mutual understanding between school and the community
· Share responsibility for the learning success and the well-being of pupils
· Encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes
· Provide an ongoing organization that will help listen to and communicate the opinions, concerns and proposals of the electors and parents/guardians
· Ensure these concerns and proposals are brought to the attention of the Board of Education
Our School Community Council Executive for the 2016/17 school year is:
Terry Ginter - Chairperson
Kate Berringer - Co - Chair
Shea Kilback - Secretary
Glenda Kaban -Treasurer
Members at Large:
If you are looking for ways in which you as a parent/community member want to support WS Hawrylak School, please come out to our meetings at 7:00pm.
Monday, Sept. 12
Monday, Oct. 3
Monday Nov. 7
Monday Jan. 9
Monday March 6
AGM May 8
Please read the two attachments with informaiton about our HSCC special lunch days. Youngest and only students have received the information in paper form as well.
W.S Hawrylak HSCC is excited to host fun lunches on the following dates:
Thursday Dec 1, 2016 – DQ Orders are due Friday Nov. 25th.
Friday March 10, 2017 – Domino’s Pizza and Booster Juice Orders are due Saturday March 4
Thursday June 8, 2017 – Quiznos and TCBY
The use of the website www.healthyhunger.ca was a great success last year. As a result, the W.S Hawrylak HSCC will continue to use this website for ordering and processing of all fun lunches. Cash payments will not be accepted for any fun lunch orders.
Please go to https://www.healthyhunger.ca/ where you will be able to create an account, view all upcoming special lunches, place an order for all dates or just one at a time, and pay online. For families that already have an account, once you log in you will need to once again add your child(ren) and choose the correct classroom teacher prior to placing an order. Orders can be placed online until 5 days prior to the dates listed above as this is the cut-off that the website uses to close orders.